Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Some people really hang on to their anger. I'm not really sure I understand this. I guess I rarely hold on to anything... I've had plenty of people do somewhat evil things to me but I rarely hold any grudges. Most of the time, when it seems like I'm holding a grudge, it really isn't the case. I might avoid people who treat me bad but it doesn't mean I hold on to the things they did, it means that I'm protecting myself from future trouble. They say to forgive and forget but there are certain personality traits that really can't be forgotten and it's really stupid for anyone to have the expectation that we should forget a person's personality traits.
So what am I talking about? Well I've had to sort of push people out of my life who are really angry and can't let go of things. I could handle any angry person if they could let go of the things that make them angry. I'll admit that my boyfriend is really angry but at least he can let go of whatever made him mad and isn't still carrying it around with him the next day. The type of person I'm talking about is the type of person that is so extremely angry, they can't drop it. The next day through the next five years, they'll waste time and energy hating someone for something very small they did to them. They don't know how to deal with hating this person, so they spend time and energy trying to ruin their "image", thinking that is just revenge only because if someone were doing that to them, it would ruin them.
I've had one friend who is so angry, it consumes them. I don't hate this person, I don't have any ill wishes for them but they just can't seem to let go of the past. He's the type of guy that can't handle any kind of constructive criticism - if you suggest anything, he'll take it as some sort of attack. Worse is when he would do something wrong and if you tried to confront him about it, he'd get angry and exaggerate the situation. All you'd be looking for is a simple apology and somehow it would turn into a drawn out argument, and all of a sudden, you find yourself apologizing to him for doing you wrong.
I don't have a problem with the world having egocentric people in it but keep them away from me! People who are egocentric lack the ability to see anything from another human beings' (or animals') perspective. Those people are impossible to deal with and worse than anything is that they just seem to suck all of the positive energy out of the room (except for on rare occasions). Who really wants to be around a person that has to be the center of attention all the time? (as most egocentrics tend to be). Nothing is worse than having to deal with egocentric AND angry people.
It's strange to me how so many people think crying is a sign of sensitivity but I think there are many other emotional responses that are MUCH more sensitive. For example - if someone is so angry that they are yelling, wouldn't that make them more sensitive than the person who cries when dealing with that same kind of anger? I would think that the larger the expression, the larger the sensitivity.... but who knows, maybe it doesn't work like that exactly.
I guess anger is used more for manipulation. This is what I have noticed over the years anyway. Most people who scream and yell whenever things aren't going their way, are doing it so that people won't confront them again. If people never confront them out of fear, than the manipulation process is complete and the egocentric turd can continue taking no responsibility for themselves or their actions. When someone yells they are basically saying, "See what happens when you bother me with this? Do you really want to put up with it again?" Unfortunately it really does work cuz normal people really don't want to deal with that kind of drama. There are people (usually egocentrics) who think that if someone confronts another person about something - the person confronting is creating drama but that is simply not the case. Drama Queens/Kings are people who can't handle confrontation and take any form of it as an attack on their entire existence and have to lash out in extreme ways - like spreading rumors and lies about their confrontors, exaggerating their comments, ranting and raving about their confronters to everyone and anyone they can get their hands on. They think that they are ruining the other people by ruining their image but that just never really works. They end up making themselves look stupid because everyone just gets tired of hearing about this or that person. In the end, the Drama Queen/Kings end up making themselves look foolish - especially when they turn on the people they vent to and do the SAME EXACT THING to them. That's when people start to realize that the confronters are actually the real people and that the drama queen/king is just really annoying and trying to manipulate situations constantly around them.

Either way, I don't hold grudges towards these types of people but I dare say, I keep them the hell away from me! They should all just rally up together and when they project their personality traits onto others, at least they'll be accurate!

No comments: